Pricing for Wight Energy's annual maintenance service typically ranges from £8k/MWp to £12k/MWp depending on when the project was built (higher tariff Solar Farms warrant more maintenance attention than lower tarriff farms) and exactly what services are required. Smaller elemtns of the wider service can be provided as required e.g. High Voltgae call-outs only. Larger portfolio's of smaller solar systems can be maintained and indicative pricing is avalable on request.
UK Legal Operational ComplianceThe UK operates strict laws surrounding Electrical safety through the Electricity at Work Act 1989, for example it is illegal in the UK to carry out high voltage switching if you are not formally authorised to carry out the work under a current set of UK safety rules. If there was an incident, the UK Health & Safety Executive always investigate aggressively looking for breach of the Act, punishments including corporate fines, personal fines and imprisonment. A link to the HSE website on this topic ishttp://www.hse.gov.uk/electricity/index.htm.
Wight Energy have invested in ensuring that our Solar Park operation & maintenance service ensures legal compliance of the solar park and believe that we are amongst the leading UK companies in this field. We ensure that each new project taken on reviewed to become a legally complaint place of work:
- Review and update of all switchgear and cable labelling
- Review and update of all solar park fence warning signage and electrical warning signage
- Wight Energy's emergency contact details available & displayed on the fence
- Local Fire, police and medical facilities contact details displayed
- Engagement with local fire service and electrical DNO with emergency contact details lodged
- Appropriate medical first aid facilities, records books & signage installed (at client cost)
- Appropriate fire extinguishers, maintenance contract & signage installed (at client cost)
- Single line electrical drawings printed and displayed next to switchgear and in control cabinets
- Visitor registration, escorting, hazard awareness and contractor induction routines established
- Insurances checked and lodged prior to any subcontract works (eg grass cutting, or your 3rd party contractors)
- Documented High voltage switchgear locking and key management strategy put in place to meet DNO standards (locks etc at client cost)
- Numeric maintenance incident logging of all incidents & issues